The Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel (LGMAP) is appointed and chaired by the Minister for Local Government. The panel advises the Minister on a range of legislative, regulatory, strategic and policy decisions which impact the local government sector. Meetings of the LGMAP are usually scheduled between March and October to account for annual mayoral terms and to enable the Minister to select members through an expression of interest process.
2021 LGMAP – Opening of expressions of interest
The Minister for Local Government has recently written to all mayors advising them of the opportunity to express an interest in being appointed to the 2021 LGMAP.
The application process is now open and will close on Sunday 28 February 2021.
This year, the Minister is keen for appointed members to lead discussions on topics of interest and present options for policy and program responses that have or will be implemented by their council or region. Mayors who wish to submit an expression of interest should send their CV and completed expression of interest form to LGV-LGMAP-Secretariat@ecodev.vic.gov.au.
For more information about the expression of interest process or to contact the LGMAP Secretariat please email LGV-LGMAP-Secretariat@ecodev.vic.gov.au.
Four regular meetings of the LGMAP were held in 2020 on 26 February, 13 May, 15 July and 9 September. Panel discussions included recovery from the 2019-20 Victorian Bushfires, responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, implementation of the Local Government Act 2020, state and local government’s approach to addressing homelessness, the effect of COVID-19 on tourism in Victoria and the Working for Victoria initiative.
During the initial phases of the COVID-19 outbreak, regular extraordinary meetings of the 2020 LGMAP were convened to discuss the impacts of the pandemic on Victorian councils.
- Cr Jo Armstrong, Mayor of Ararat Rural City Council
- Cr Brett Tessari, Mayor of Bass Coast Shire Council
- Cr Carolyn Stewart, Mayor of Buloke Shire Council
- Cr Jeff Springfield, Mayor of Cardinia Shire Council
- Cr Jim Memeti, Mayor of Greater Dandenong City Council
- Cr Seema Abdullah, Mayor of Greater Shepparton City Council
- Cr Licia Kokocinski, Mayor of Hepburn Shire Council
- Cr Colleen Gates, Mayor of Hobsons Bay City Council
- Cr Janet Pearce, Mayor of Macedon Ranges Shire Council
- Cr Marg Attley OAM, Mayor of Mansfield Shire Council
- Rt Hon Sally Capp, Lord Mayor, Melbourne City Council
- Cr Lara Carli, Mayor of Melton City Council
- Cr Lambros Tapinos, Mayor of Moreland City Council
- Cr Rose Hodge, Mayor of Surf Coast Shire Council
- Cr Alan Hall, Mayor of Wellington Shire Council
Page last updated: 08/02/21