2020 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel
The Minister for Local Government has appointed the 2020 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel (LGMAP), which will provide advice to the Minister on a broad range of topics relevant to the local government sector.
The appointees to the 2020 LGMAP are:
- Cr Jo Armstrong, Mayor of Ararat Rural City Council
- Cr Brett Tessari, Mayor of Bass Coast Shire Council
- Cr Carolyn Stewart, Mayor of Buloke Shire Council
- Cr Jeff Springfield, Mayor of Cardinia Shire Council
- Cr Jim Memeti, Mayor of Greater Dandenong City Council
- Cr Seema Abdullah, Mayor of Greater Shepparton City Council
- Cr Licia Kokocinski, Mayor of Hepburn Shire Council
- Cr Colleen Gates, Mayor of Hobsons Bay City Council
- Cr Janet Pearce, Mayor of Macedon Ranges Shire Council
- Cr Marg Attley OAM, Mayor of Mansfield Shire Council
- Rt Hon Sally Capp, Lord Mayor, Melbourne City Council
- Cr Lara Carli, Mayor of Melton City Council
- Cr Lambros Tapinos, Mayor of Moreland City Council
- Cr Rose Hodge, Mayor of Surf Coast Shire Council
- Cr Alan Hall, Mayor of Wellington Shire Council
The 15-member panel has an appropriate gender balance and aligns with ‘Safe and Strong’, the Victorian Government’s gender equality strategy. The panel further reflects a diversity of views and experience on a broad range of topics that are relevant to the local government sector and includes members from all council groupings.
The role of LGMAP is to provide high level advice to the Minister on a range of legislative, regulatory, strategic and policy decisions which impact on local government.
Meetings are scheduled for 26 February, 13 May, 15 July and 23 September.
Further information regarding the responsibilities and operation of the panel is detailed in the 2020 LGMAP’s Terms of Reference.
- 2020 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel - Terms of Reference (PDF, 113.2 KB)
- 2020 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel - Terms of Reference (DOCX, 131.5 KB)
Please contact the LGMAP Secretariat, Policy and Strategy Branch, Local Government Victoria on firstname.lastname@example.org or via (03) 9948 8550.
Page last updated: 07/02/20