The Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel (LGMAP) is appointed and chaired by the Minister for Local Government. The panel advises the Minister on a range of legislative, regulatory, strategic and policy decisions which impact the local government sector. Meetings of the LGMAP are usually scheduled between March and October to account for mayoral terms and to enable the Minister to select members through an expression of interest process.
2021 Mayoral Advisory Panel
In March 2021 Local Government Minister, the Hon Shaun Leane MP announced the 15 Victorian Mayors selected to form the 2021 Mayoral Advisory Panel.
Chaired by the Minister for Local Government, the LGMAP discussed issues including the continued implementation of the new Local Government Act, coronavirus (COVID-19) recovery, climate change, housing challenges in rural and regional Victoria, and culture in the local government sector. Members also had the opportunity to present on work and initiatives that they have been involved in and to share learnings and outcomes with the panel.
The members of the 2021 panel are:
- Rt Hon Sally Capp, Lord Mayor City of Melbourne
- Cr Kris Bolam, Mayor City of Frankston
- Cr Louise Crawford, Mayor City of Port Phillip
- Cr Kate Hely, Mayor City of Stonnington
- Cr Joseph Haweil, Mayor City of Hume
- Cr Adele Hegedich, Mayor City of Wyndham
- Cr Despi O’Connor, Mayor Shire of Mornington Peninsula
- Cr Kim O’Keefe, Mayor City of Greater Shepparton
- Cr Daniel Moloney, Mayor City of Ballarat
- Cr Mendy Urie, Mayor Shire of East Gippsland
- Cr Libby Stapleton, Mayor Shire of Surf Coast
- Cr Jennifer Anderson, Mayor Shire of Macedon Ranges
- Cr Jenny O’Connor, Mayor Shire of Indigo
- Cr David Wortmann, Mayor Shire of Towong
- Cr Jo Armstrong, Mayor Rural City of Ararat
In 2021 the LGMAP met on 21 April, 2 June, 28 July and 8 September via videoconference.
The term of the 2021 LGMAP members is scheduled to end on 20 October 2021.
For more information or to contact the LGMAP Secretariat please email LGV-LGMAP-Secretariat@ecodev.vic.gov.au.
Four regular meetings of the LGMAP were held in 2020 on 26 February, 13 May, 15 July and 9 September. Panel discussions included recovery from the 2019-20 Victorian Bushfires, responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, implementation of the Local Government Act 2020, state and local government’s approach to addressing homelessness, the effect of COVID-19 on tourism in Victoria and the Working for Victoria initiative.
During the initial phases of the COVID-19 outbreak, regular extraordinary meetings of the 2020 LGMAP were convened to discuss the impacts of the pandemic on Victorian councils.
- Cr Jo Armstrong, Mayor of Ararat Rural City Council
- Cr Brett Tessari, Mayor of Bass Coast Shire Council
- Cr Carolyn Stewart, Mayor of Buloke Shire Council
- Cr Jeff Springfield, Mayor of Cardinia Shire Council
- Cr Jim Memeti, Mayor of Greater Dandenong City Council
- Cr Seema Abdullah, Mayor of Greater Shepparton City Council
- Cr Licia Kokocinski, Mayor of Hepburn Shire Council
- Cr Colleen Gates, Mayor of Hobsons Bay City Council
- Cr Janet Pearce, Mayor of Macedon Ranges Shire Council
- Cr Marg Attley OAM, Mayor of Mansfield Shire Council
- Rt Hon Sally Capp, Lord Mayor, Melbourne City Council
- Cr Lara Carli, Mayor of Melton City Council
- Cr Lambros Tapinos, Mayor of Moreland City Council
- Cr Rose Hodge, Mayor of Surf Coast Shire Council
- Cr Alan Hall, Mayor of Wellington Shire Council