Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel
Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel (LGMAP) meetings are scheduled between March and October to account for annual mayoral terms and to enable the Minister as chair to select members through an expression of interest exercise.
The panel reflects a diversity of views and experience on a broad range of topics that are relevant to the local government sector.
LGMAP's terms of reference specifies that the role for LGMAP members is to provide high level advice to the Minister on a range of legislative, regulatory, strategic and policy decisions which impact on local government.
Please contact the LGMAP Secretariat, Policy and Strategy, Local Government Victoria.
(03) 9948 8537
2018 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel
In early 2018 the Minister appointed a 12-member panel which was gender balanced, supporting the Victorian Government’s commitment that no less than 50 per cent of all appointments to paid Government boards will be women.
The term of the 2018 LGMAP members ended on 20 October 2018 in accordance with the LGMAP Terms of Reference.
The appointees for the 2018 LGMAP were:
- Cr Adrian Weston, Mayor of Campaspe Shire Council
- Cr Collin Ross, Mayor of Cardinia Shire Council
- Cr Anita Rank, Mayor of Glenelg Shire Council
- Cr Pam Clarke, Mayor of Horsham Rural City Council
- Cr Jenny O'Connor, Mayor of Indigo Shire Council
- Cr Darrell White, Mayor of Latrobe City Council
- Cr Cuc Lam, Mayor of Maribyrnong City Council
- Cr Charlotte Bisset, Mayor of Murrindindi Shire Council
- Cr Bernadene Voss, Mayor of Port Phillip City Council
- Cr Les McPhee, Mayor of Swan Hill Rural City Council
- Cr Peter Maynard, Mayor of Wyndham City Council
- Cr Daniel Nguyen, Mayor of Yarra City Council
Back left to right: Cr White, Cr Rank, Cr Weston, Cr Nguyen, Cr Bisset, Cr Ross, Cr McPhee, Cr Maynard. Centre L-R: Cr O'Connor and Cr Lam. Front L-R: Cr Clarke, Minister Kairouz, Cr Voss
Three meetings were scheduled for 2018: 30 May, 15 August and 3 October.
Members discussed a number of matters including the 2018-19 State Budget, Financial Assistance Grants, the Local Government Bill 2018, the Rural Councils Transformation Project, strategic planning and the role of Planning Panels Victoria, and the Councils and Emergencies Project.