2020 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel
The Minister for Local Government appointed the 2020 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel (LGMAP) in early February. The panel advises the Minister on a range of legislative, regulatory, strategic and policy decisions which impact the local government sector..
The appointees to the 2020 LGMAP are:
- Cr Jo Armstrong, Mayor of Ararat Rural City Council
- Cr Brett Tessari, Mayor of Bass Coast Shire Council
- Cr Carolyn Stewart, Mayor of Buloke Shire Council
- Cr Jeff Springfield, Mayor of Cardinia Shire Council
- Cr Jim Memeti, Mayor of Greater Dandenong City Council
- Cr Seema Abdullah, Mayor of Greater Shepparton City Council
- Cr Licia Kokocinski, Mayor of Hepburn Shire Council
- Cr Colleen Gates, Mayor of Hobsons Bay City Council
- Cr Janet Pearce, Mayor of Macedon Ranges Shire Council
- Cr Marg Attley OAM, Mayor of Mansfield Shire Council
- Rt Hon Sally Capp, Lord Mayor, Melbourne City Council
- Cr Lara Carli, Mayor of Melton City Council
- Cr Lambros Tapinos, Mayor of Moreland City Council
- Cr Rose Hodge, Mayor of Surf Coast Shire Council
- Cr Alan Hall, Mayor of Wellington Shire Council
The make-up of the panel supports ‘Safe and Strong’, the Victorian Government’s gender equality strategy, with the 15 members reflecting a diversity of views and experiences.
Meetings are scheduled for 26 February, 13 May, 15 July and 23 September.
Further information regarding the responsibilities and operation of the panel are detailed in the 2020 LGMAP’s Terms of Reference.
- 2020 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel - Terms of Reference (PDF, 113.2 KB)
- 2020 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel - Terms of Reference (DOCX, 131.5 KB)
The first meeting of the 2020 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel took place on Wednesday 26 February. Lee Miezis, Chief Executive Officer of the newly-established agency Bushfire Recovery Victoria, provided the panel with an overview of the agency and their people-centred, locally driven approach to recovery from the recent Victorian bushfires.
The Minister also sought advice from the panel on a new requirement in the Local Government Act 2020. Panel members were asked for their views on mandatory training for candidates in council elections, specifically the content and timing of the training and how proof of participation in this training would be established at the time of nomination.
Please contact the LGMAP Secretariat, Policy and Strategy Branch, Local Government Victoria on email@example.com or via (03) 9948 8550.
Page last updated: 26/03/20