2019 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel
The Minister for Local Government has appointed 14 members to the 2019 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel (LGMAP).
The Minister has appointed a panel which is gender balanced and aligns with the Victorian Government’s commitment that no less than 50 per cent of all appointments to paid Government boards will be women.
The panel further reflects a diversity of views and experience on a broad range of topics that are relevant to the local government sector, and includes members from Metropolitan, Interface, Large Shire, Small Shire and Regional City council groupings.
The appointees to the 2019 LGMAP are:
- Rt Hon Sally Capp, Lord Mayor of Melbourne
- Cr Peter Beales, Mayor of Ararat Rural City Council
- Cr Mikaela Power, Mayor of Baw Baw Shire Council
- Cr Jason Schram, Mayor of Colac Otway Shire Council
- Cr Marg O’Rourke, Mayor of Greater Bendigo City Council
- Cr Roz Blades, Mayor of Greater Dandenong City Council
- Cr Bruce Harwood, Mayor of Greater Geelong City Council
- Cr Kim O’Keeffe, Mayor of Greater Shepparton City Council
- Cr Jake Keogh, Mayor of Knox City Council
- Cr Amanda McClaren, Mayor of Strathbogie Shire Council
- Cr Rose Hodge, Mayor of Surf Coast Shire Council
- Cr David Wortmann, Mayor of Towong Shire Council
- Cr Mia Shaw, Mayor of Wyndham City Council
- Cr Danae Bosler, Mayor of Yarra City Council
Four meetings have been scheduled for 2019 on 3 April, 13 June, 31 July and 26 September.
The first 2019 LGMAP meeting took place on 3 April and included discussion on the review of the Local Government Act, Victorian Government's commitment to undertake a rating review, 2019-20 Commonwealth Budget implications, and local government improvements and strategic challenges.
The second meeting of the 2019 LGMAP took place on 13 June. Stuart Moseley, the CEO of the Victorian Planning Authority (VPA), presented to the panel on the VPA’s role in growing the whole of the state, including population growth and housing. The panel also discussed the proposed Local Government Bill 2019.
The third meeting of the 2019 LGMAP took place on 31 July. Dr Kathy Alexander, Chair of the Local Government Rating System Review, shared with the panel the timeline for the review into the Victorian local government rating system and the approach to community engagement and consultation. The panel also considered how to approach reforms in the proposed Local Government Bill 2019 relating to mandatory candidate training, councillor training and Code of Conduct.
LGMAP's terms of reference specifies the role for LGMAP members to provide high level advice on a range of legislative, regulatory, strategic and policy decisions which impact on local government.
Please contact the LGMAP Secretariat via firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9948 8550.
Page last updated: 05/09/19