Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel 2018
The Minister for Local Government has appointed members to the 2018 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel (LGMAP).
The Minister has appointed a 12-member panel which is gender balanced, and supports the Victorian Government’s commitment that no less than 50 per cent of all appointments to paid Government boards will be women.
The panel further reflects a diversity of views and experience on a broad range of topics that are relevant to the local government sector.
The appointees for the 2018 LGMAP are:
- Cr Adrian Weston, Mayor of Campaspe Shire Council
- Cr Collin Ross, Mayor of Cardinia Shire Council
- Cr Anita Rank, Mayor of Glenelg Shire Council
- Cr Pam Clarke, Mayor of Horsham Rural City Council
- Cr Jenny O'Connor, Mayor of Indigo Shire Council
- Cr Darrell White, Mayor of Latrobe City Council
- Cr Cuc Lam, Mayor of Maribyrnong City Council
- Cr Charlotte Bisset, Mayor of Murrindindi Shire Council
- Cr Bernadene Voss, Mayor of Port Phillip City Council
- Cr Les McPhee, Mayor of Swan Hill Rural City Council
- Cr Peter Maynard, Mayor of Wyndham City Council
- Cr Daniel Nguyen, Mayor of Yarra City Council
Back left to right: Cr White, Cr Rank, Cr Weston, Cr Nguyen, Cr Bisset, Cr Ross, Cr McPhee, Cr Maynard. Centre L-R: Cr O'Connor and Cr Lam. Front L-R: Cr Clarke, Minister Kairouz, Cr Voss
Three meetings have been scheduled for 2018.
The first LGMAP meeting of 2018 took place on 30 May and included discussion on the 2018-19 State Budget, Financial Assistance Grants and the Local Government Bill 2018.
LGMAP's terms of reference specifies that the role for LGMAP members is to provide high level advice to the Minister on a range of legislative, regulatory, strategic and policy decisions which impact on local government.
Please contact the LGMAP Secretariat, Policy and Strategy, Local Government Victoria.
(03) 9948 8537