The Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel (LGMAP) provides high level advice to the Minister for Local Government on a range of legislative, regulatory, strategic and policy decisions which impact on local government.
The panel reflects a diversity of views and experience on a broad range of topics that are relevant to the local government sector, and includes members from Metropolitan, Interface, Large Shire, Small Shire and Regional City council groupings.
Meetings of the LGMAP are scheduled between March and October in line with annual mayoral terms and to enable the Minister as chair to select members through an expression of interest process.
Please contact the LGMAP Secretariat, Policy and Strategy, Local Government Victoria on (03) 9948 8550 or email@example.com.
2019 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel
In early 2019 the Minister appointed nine women and five men to the 2019 LGMAP. These appointments progress gender equality targets for female leadership, aligning with 'Safe and Strong: A Victorian Gender Equality Strategy'.
The appointees for the 2019 LGMAP were:
- Rt Hon Sally Capp, Lord Mayor of Melbourne
- Cr Peter Beales, Mayor of Ararat Rural City Council
- Cr Mikaela Power, Mayor of Baw Baw Shire Council
- Cr Jason Schram, Mayor of Colac Otway Shire Council
- Cr Marg O’Rourke, Mayor of Greater Bendigo City Council
- Cr Roz Blades, Mayor of Greater Dandenong City Council
- Cr Bruce Harwood, Mayor of Greater Geelong City Council
- Cr Kim O’Keeffe, Mayor of Greater Shepparton City Council
- Cr Jake Keogh, Mayor of Knox City Council
- Cr Amanda McClaren, Mayor of Strathbogie Shire Council
- Cr Rose Hodge, Mayor of Surf Coast Shire Council
- Cr David Wortmann, Mayor of Towong Shire Council
- Cr Mia Shaw, Mayor of Wyndham City Council
- Cr Danae Bosler, Mayor of Yarra City Council
The term of the 2019 LGMAP members ended on 20 October 2019 in accordance with the LGMAP Terms of Reference.
- 2019 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel - Terms of Reference
(PDF, 113.9 KB)
- 2019 Local Government Mayoral Advisory Panel - Terms of Reference (DOCX, 121.4 KB)
The meetings of the 2019 LGMAP took place on 3 April, 13 June, 31 July and 9 October 2019.
The panel identified several matters for consideration over the course of the year, and discussed topics including the proposed Local Government Bill 2019, the independent review of the Victorian Local Government Rating System, growing the whole of the State, the role of local government in Victoria's building system and the review of the Victorian Aboriginal and Local Government Action Plan.
Page last updated: 25/10/19