About the program
The Growing Suburbs Fund is a $200 million investment over four years in critical local infrastructure for communities in Melbourne's diverse and fast-growing outer suburbs.
It will bring forward critical community infrastructure priorities, delivering projects that improve the amenity, liveability and resilience of interface communities, support connections, enhance services and provide local jobs.
It will fund local infrastructure such as family and community centres, town centre and civic revitalisation projects, open space and amenity improvements.
2018-19 Growing Suburbs Fund Applications Opening Soon
The 2018-19 GSF is open to Melbourne’s ten interface councils.
The ten interface councils are: Cardinia, Casey, Hume, Melton, Mitchell1, Mornington Peninsula, Nillumbik, Whittlesea, Wyndham, and Yarra Ranges.
Melbourne's interface councils are diverse and are home to some of the city's most vulnerable communities. They play a critical role in supporting Victoria's population growth and economy, contain productive rural land and are responsible for 90 per cent of Melbourne's Green Wedge areas.
As a group, the interface councils on Melbourne's urban fringe have been experiencing significant population growth over the last two decades, with growth consistently doubling the state's average. This is expected to continue with more than 1 million additional residents living in Melbourne's interface by 2031.
While only interface councils can apply for funding and enter into a funding agreement with the department, not-for-profit or private sector organisations are encouraged to partner with these councils to put forward proposals for the 2018-19 GSF.
Applicants should review these guidelines to confirm their eligibility.
Applications for the 2018-19 Growing Suburbs Fund are now open and will close on 9 July 2018 at 2pm.
The assessment process is designed to ensure that fully scoped, eligible and high priority projects can be funded as soon as possible for works to commence.
Applicants must contact the GSF team before 22 June 2018 on (03) 9948 8563 to discuss their project proposal.
Project proposals that have not been discussed with the GSF team prior to that date will not be considered.
- Cardinia Cultural Centre Redevelopment
- Hills Hub - Emerald Community Centre
- James Bathe Recreation Reserve
- Deep Creek Development (PDF, 534.6 KB)
- Emerald to Gembrook Multi Use Trail (PDF, 534.6 KB)
- Growth Corridor District Playground (PDF, 532.9 KB)
- Chalcot Lodge Childrens Centre Redevelopment
- Hunt Club Family and Community Centre Redevelopment
- Jack Thomas Reserve Pavilion Development
- Lawson Poole Reserve Multi-use Pavilion Development
- Marriott Waters Family and Community Centre Redevelopment
- Ramleigh Family and Community Centre
- Sweeney Reserve Softball Pavilion Development
- Hunt Club Estate District Level AFL/Cricket Oval and Pavilion (PDF, 548.9 KB)
- New Autumn Place Family and Community Centre and Park Improvements (PDF, 549.4 KB)
- Strathaird Family and Community Centre Redevelopment (PDF, 549.2 KB)
- Arena Pavilion
- McMahon Recreaction Reserve Development
- Aston Recreation Reserve Development (PDF, 543.3 KB)
- Boardman Reserve Upgrade (PDF, 543.9 KB)
- Community Facility Accessibility Upgrades (PDF, 544.8 KB)
- Hume Global Learning Centre Sunbury (PDF, 542.7 KB)
- Sunbury Lawn Tennis Club Pavilion (PDF, 541.5 KB)
- Aintree Community Hub
- Allenby Road Reserve Upgrade
- Arnolds Creek Playspace
- Bill Cahil Reserve Upgrade
- Fraser Rise Community Hub
- Hannah Watts Park Upgrade
- MacPherson Park Redevelopment
- Melton Central Community Centre Redevelopment
- Burnside Stage 2 Multipurpose Community Centre (PDF, 536.5 KB)
- Caroline Springs Leisure Centre Extension (PDF, 139.2 KB)
- Kenswick Drive Reserve Upgrade (PDF, 140.0 KB)
- Melton Botanic Trail (PDF, 138.2 KB)
- Scout Adventure Activity Centre (PDF, 146.0 KB)
- Connecting Wallan Neighbourhoods - Connecting Neighbourhood Families
- Connecting Wallan Neighbourhoods - Wallan Neighbourhood Off-Road Connection
- Broadford Community Centre Revitalisation (PDF, 167.1 KB)
- Greater Beveridge Community Centre (PDF, 167.1 KB)
- Wallan Town Centre Heart Public Realm Project (PDF, 167.3 KB)
- Balnarring Civic Court Reserve Master Plan Implementation
- Dromana Preschool Expand and Upgrade Project
- Hastings Streetscape Renewal Project
- Changing Places in Mornington (PDF, 140.2 KB)
- Emil Madsen Reserve Sports Facilities (PDF, 142.5 KB)
- Marshall Street Recreational Reserve (PDF, 141.6 KB)
- Oakridge Recreational Reserve
- Wallaroo Reserve Rejuvenation Activate Spaces Project (PDF, 141.7 KB)
- Waterfall Gully Preschool Expansion Project
- Diamond Creek Netball Pavilion
- Diamond Valley Sports and Fitness Centre
- Eltham Central Precinct Community Sports Hub
- Improving Community Connections in Diamond Creek
- Marngrook Oval Pavilion Development
- Civic Drive Precinct Community Facilities Development (PDF, 146.1 KB)
- Edendale Community Environment Farm Infrastructure Enhancement Project (PDF, 147.3 KB)
- Research Park Pavilion Redevelopment (PDF, 146.9 KB)
- Mill Park Leisure Centre Redevelopment
- Regional All Abilities Playspace
- Thomastown Main Street Community Pavilion Redevelopment
- Community Facilities Solar Photovoltaic Roll-out
- Janefield Community Centre Refurbishment (PDF, 149.1 KB)
- Mosaic Recreation Reserve and Community Soccer Facility (PDF, 144.0 KB)
- Oakbank Boulevard Playground and Township Link (PDF, 152.9 KB)
- Painted Hills Recreation Reserve and Community Soccer Centre Development (PDF, 145.0 KB)
- Playground Renewal Program (PDF, 144.5 KB)
- Urban Upgrade Streetscape Portfolio (PDF, 144.3 KB)
- Epping Community Services Hub (PDF, 153.2 KB)
- Barry Road Community Activity Centre Extension and Refurbishment (PDF, 146.2 KB)
- Lalor Tennis Community Pavilion Development Project (PDF, 144.1 KB)
- Mill Park Lakes Community Pavilion Redevelopment Project (PDF, 145.6 KB)
- Playground Improvement Program (PDF, 187.7 KB)
- Saltwater Outdoor Youth Space
- Tarneit Community Learning Centre Transformation
- Truganina East Integrated Family Learning Centre
- Williams Landing Reserve Integrated Sports and Community Hub
- Mainview Boulevard Reserve Pavilion and Community Space (PDF, 536.3 KB)
- Mossfiel Reserve Integrated Sports and Community Hub (PDF, 544.2 KB)
- Our Green Heart – Wyndham Park Transformation and Redevelopment (PDF, 536.6 KB)
- Burrinja Cultural Centre Redevelopment, Upwey
- Monbulk Community and Sports Pavilion
- Queens Park Healesville District Playspace
- Belgrave South Community Sports Pavilion (PDF, 172.3 KB)
- Changing Places - Yarra Glen (PDF, 172.7 KB)
- Eastern Ranges Regional Football Facilities Upgrade (PDF, 172.9 KB)
- Upwey Tecoma Community Recreational and Sporting Hub (PDF, 170.8 KB)