2016-17 Applications Now Closed
Applications for the 2016-17 Growing Suburbs Fund are now closed.
Funding Vital Infrastructure for Outer Melbourne Communities
The Growing Suburbs Fund is a $100 million investment over two years in critical local infrastructure for communities in Melbourne's diverse and fast-growing outer suburbs.
It will bring forward critical community infrastructure priorities, delivering projects that improve the amenity, liveability and resilience of interface communities, support connections, enhance services and provide local jobs.
It will fund local infrastructure such as family and community centres, town centre and civic revitalisation projects, open space and amenity improvements.
The Interface Councils
Melbourne's ten interface councils are Cardinia, Casey, Hume, Melton, Mitchell, Mornington Peninsula, Nillumbik, Whittlesea, Wyndham and Yarra Ranges.
Melbourne's interface councils are diverse and are home to some of the city's most vulnerable communities. They play a critical role in supporting Victoria's population growth and economy, contain productive rural land and are responsible for 90 per cent of Melbourne's Green Wedge areas.
As a group, the interface councils on Melbourne's urban fringe have been experiencing significant population growth over the last two decades, with growth consistently doubling the state's average. This is expected to continue with more than 1 million additional residents living in Melbourne's interface by 2031.
- Deep Creek Development
- Emerald to Gembrook Multi Use Trail
- Growth Corridor District Playground
- Hunt Club Estate District Level AFL/Cricket Oval and Pavilion
- New Autumn Place Family and Community Centre and Park Improvements
- Strathaird Family and Community Centre Redevelopment
- Aston Recreation Reserve Development
- Boardman Reserve Upgrade
- Community Facility Accessibility Upgrades
- Hume Global Learning Centre Sunbury
- Sunbury Lawn Tennis Club Pavilion
- Burnside Stage 2 Multipurpose Community Centre
- Caroline Springs Leisure Centre Extension
- Kenswick Drive Reserve Upgrade
- Melton Botanic Trail
- Scout Adventure Activity Centre
- Broadford Community Centre Revitalisation
- Mandalay Community Centre
- Wallan Town Centre Heart Public Realm Project
- Changing Places in Mornington
- Emil Madsen Reserve Sports Facilities
- Marshall Street Recreational Reserve
- Oakridge Recreational Reserve
- Wallaroo Reserve Rejuvenation Activate Spaces Project
- Waterfall Gully Preschool Expansion Project
- Civic Drive Precinct Community Facilities Development
- Edendale Community Environment Farm Infrastructure Enhancement Project
- Research Park Pavilion Redevelopment
- Community Facilities Solar Photovoltaic Roll-out
- Janefield Community Centre Refurbishment
- Mosaic Recreation Reserve and Community Soccer Facility
- Oakbank Boulevard Playground and Township Link
- Painted Hills Recreation Reserve and Community Soccer Centre Development
- Playground Renewal Program
- Urban Upgrade Streetscape Portfolio
- Epping Community Services Hub (PDF, 153.2 KB)
- Barry Road Community Activity Centre Extension and Refurbishment (PDF, 146.2 KB)
- Lalor Tennis Community Pavilion Development Project (PDF, 144.1 KB)
- Mill Park Lakes Community Pavilion Redevelopment Project (PDF, 145.6 KB)
- Playground Improvement Program (PDF, 187.7 KB)
- Mainview Boulevard Reserve Pavilion and Community Space
- Mossfiel Reserve Integrated Sports and Community Hub
- Our Green Heart – Wyndham Park Transformation and Redevelopment
- Belgrave South Community Sports Pavilion
- Changing Places - Yarra Glen
- Kilsyth Centre of Excellence Eastern Ranges Regional Facilities Upgrade
- Upwey Tecoma Community Recreational and Sporting Hub